Friday, December 7, 2012

Yes, I was Invited

Tis the season of holiday parties.  I love a good holiday party.  Actually, I really don't mind who's party, or what holiday we are celebrating.  I'll be there with bells on...or whatever accoutrements the season calls for.   If it gets me into the party, I'll hang it on me.

Last night, my husband and I attended the UNC Hospital Volunteer Association holiday party.  The most asked question before the night was, 'what do I have to adorn myself with to get in there?'.  Turns out the answer is a sticker with your name on it.  It's also a good idea if you have volunteered at the hospital, but if you can believe it, that was not a mandatory stipulation.

They had the party in the lobby of the cancer center.  Don't groan yet, this is one disco ball worthy cancer lobby.  If I ever get 'the cancer' (read that in old black lady's southern accent), this is the place I'd go.  Mostly in order to crash the Volunteer Association's holiday party.  Really, who is going to tell a cancer patient that they can't have any of the egg rolls?  Yeah, no one.

I wonder when Duke is having their party?


No comments:

Post a Comment