Saturday, February 2, 2013

Apple Killed My Frog

It is possible, in case you were losing sleep over this question, to simultaneously assimilate into the machine that you are also raging against.  All in the space of about 3 hours.

Here's the skinny...

I bought an ipod.  I have bedded down with the devil itself.  No more can I shout at the top of my lungs 'FREE YOURSELVES!'

 It is over.  They won.

...but staying relatively true to form, it's used.  Apple didn't get one red cent of mine.  Maybe by proxy they did, but I need to hold strong that the last bit of anti-materialist in me will not perish.

I can't wait to get it.  I might name it.  It's a touch, so any suggestions?  They sell clothes for ipods, right?  Probably right next to the little dog sweaters.

In what was a hazy fog that had enveloped my brain after pressing 'payment', I then turned my back on the 'machine.'

I have dropped my contract cell service.

Not being anti-materialist enough, I bought into one of the no-contract companies.  It makes me sad to have to say goodbye to my frog phone.  It's green, and the ring tone is a spring peeper.  No amount of begging I did would let me keep the phone with a different company.

My new phone is a refurbished one, so at least I was able to buy a used cell.  I just hope I can download spring peepers as the new ring tone.

No comments:

Post a Comment