Friday, March 15, 2013

I'm Going to Fry My Oyster

The light at the end of the tunnel is getting brighter.  

It's not the same light that you don't want to go into, it is the light of my real life.  (don't worry, no deep thought are coming...)

For the past 8 years, I have been a stay at home mom.  Which is why I decided to write a blog.  ...not because I have life altering information to impart on the cyber universe, but because that seems to be the thing that stay at home moms do.  Seriously, take a gander on the bloggosphere.  It's either a bunch of ramblings by white ladies pondering the art of crock pot cooking, or techies writing gibberish.  

This is my lead up to a mid life crisis.  I'm closer to 40 than I was last year, and kids are a bit of a downer when you want to get a two-seater sports car.  So like a natural buffer area that protects the city from the hurricane, I'm trying to build up to a level of excitement so that when 40 does come barreling into my life, it will say 'oh, pardon me, you are already at crazy level 40, so you'll have to wait until 50 to have the mid life crisis.  Have a nice day.'  Thus, a blog.  Super crazy, eh?

Yeah right.

Back to the light....

My 5yo is entering Kindergarten this fall.  I thinking of it as my probation, my ticket out of jail for good behavior.  I will be released from a full time mom prison, but will have twelve more years of checking in with my probation officers.  That check in time will be between 3:30 and 5pm.  Every day.  With weekend jail.

But the freedom!  Oh the freedom!  From 8am-check in time, the world is my oyster.  

So what am I going to do with all this free time?  I'm applying to a full time program.  And this is why 40 is going to turn around and walk away disappointed.  Because there is a level of crazy that it takes for a person to go back to school, and 40 can't compete with that level.

No comments:

Post a Comment