Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Beware of Bares!

My favorite day in the entire world is almost here!

...well, maybe not my all time, spin the world on my finger, favorite day, but it comes close.



Hike Naked Day
I really wish I was comfortable enough in my own skin to really have a trek in the woods, sans clothes, but I have to live vicariously.

In quite a few of my sections on the Appalachian Trail, I have passed a fellow hiker that was letting it all hang out.  No one really seems to mind.  I guess if you are in the woods, walking around with a house on your back, the last thing that you are really going to have a problem with is a bit of skin.  Sometimes a little bit ;)

Each year, on June 21, the summer solstice, the bares come out to play.

So avert your eyes, but if you want to do a bit of 'free hiking', be sure to wear comfy shoes.

I think I am going to hike naked when the full moon coincides with the summer solstice.  That's in 2062.  I'll be a beautiful old lady at the young age of 86.  I think that's a perfect time to hike naked!  Maybe I'll try to thru-hike that year.  Sounds perfect to me :)  I'll have to slack pack a lot though.  I bet my 86 year old self won't give a rats ass.  I'll have the trail name Rumpledstilskin!

Getting old is gonna rock!


No comments:

Post a Comment